I am always searching for ways to bring Bible stories to life and The Easter Story Project does just that. This is a great way to bring the whole family together to read and study Scripture as well as express their creativity. You can hang the finished eggs from a length of twine to decorate your mantle or even hang them, art side out, in your windows to share the Good News with your neighbors.
Here are some pics of how my family’s Easter Story Project is shaping up!
In addition to your own creativity, for this project you will need the following supplies:
Watercolor (or other heavyweight) paper
Use Any Comination of What You Have
Watercolor Paints Brushes
Mini Clothes Pins
Here are the instructions you will follow:
- Print these pages on regular printer paper. Black and white is fine.
- Cover your workspace. I’ve found Freezer Paper works well.
- Cut this egg shape out and use it to trace the egg shape onto watercolor o other heavy weight paper. Cut the egg shape from the heavy paper.
- On each of the following pages, read the passage that corresponds the the image. The pages are numbered in the upper right hand corner according to the timeline of events.
- Decorate your egg. You can use markers, crayons, colored pencils, gel pens, watercolor paints, even acrylics, or a combination of all. Or any other art supplies you have on hand.
- You can trace the suggested images by placing them behind your watercolor paper up against a sunny window. Or you can draw your own image symbolizing the corresponding reading.
- Once you’re done decorating your egg and any paint has dried. Cut out the egg shape with the verse reference and using double sided tape tape it to your decorated egg, back sides together. You can laminate these for durability.
- If you’re turning this project into a banner for your mantle, you can punch holes in the tops of the eggs and thread twine though, or you can clip them to twine using mini clothespins. Or hang them in your windows, art side out to share the Good News with your neighbors!
Here is a tutorial video you can watch for some additional suggestions.
Download the file including instructions, templates, and Bible readings for The Easter Story Project HERE.
I would love for you to share your creations with me on Facebook or Insta! You can even use the #EasterStoryProject!Do the Easter Story Project with me! It's a great way for the whole family to join creativity with the study of Scripture! #EasterStoryProject Click To Tweet
For more great Easter-related activities check out the Quest for the Cross.